Friday, April 13, 2007

Disturbia - Movie Review

"Disturbia"

Scorecard Review

Plot: Disturbed ... Suburbia ... Get it? After a traumatic event, Kale (Shia LaBeouf) becomes withdrawn and eventually hits a teacher, getting three months of house arrest. While stuck at home, Kale begins to daydream about one neighbor and become suspicious of another.

Who’s it for: This is mainly for the teenagers, but unlike other teen thrillers, I think this crosses over and adults will enjoy it as well.

Expectations: Zero. I’ll be honest, this was my fifth advance screening in five days. I knew Shia LaBeouf was in the film and that was it. I didn’t know the name or genre of the film ... and I think that helped. The first half of the film plays out more like “The Girl Next Door” and it sucked me in so when the scary stuff happened, I was hooked. If you’re lucky, you won’t have seen any previews which are sure to play up the thriller angle of this film.
(click here to read the rest)

No comments: