Monday, March 06, 2006

A season of baseball "Virtually" done - Op/Ed

A season of baseball "Virtually" done - Op/Ed
Every single year it seems the baseball season begins earlier than the year before. But here I am again on the morning of Friday, Feb. 24, 2006 at 9:30 a.m. in front of my computer "working" while every 30 seconds I have a chance for the golden prize known as Chicago Cubs tickets.

Last year, the "Virtual Waiting Room" was my best friend. I had planned on getting two or three games and four tickets to each. But as soon as I was able to score Red Sox tickets I had a conversation with myself.

Me: Wow, this is exciting, Red Sox tickets, my second favorite team.
Myself: You know, I bet we could get a lot of money selling these tickets.
Me: How can you say that?
Myself: It's only 10:14 a.m. we'll have plenty more chances at tickets. In fact, we could make tons of money off this. You could pay off all your credit cards.
Me: So, what you're saying is you have to spend money to make money.
Myself: That's what Alex P. Keaton taught me in an episode of Family Ties.
Me: Sold!
(click here to read the rest)

No comments: