Thursday, June 28, 2007

"A Mighty Heart" - Movie Review

"A Mighty Heart"

Plot: Based on the book “A Might Heart: The Brave Life and Death of my Husband Danny Pearl,” Angelina Jolie plays Mariane Pearl during 2002 when Daniel Pearl, South Asian bureau chief, was taken hostage and eventually murdered. Mariane did everything she could to find Daniel during his final days in Pakistan, all while she was pregnant with their first child.

Who’s it for: This is not your typical summer popcorn flick. It’s a heavy drama.

Expectations: In most situations, I believe Angelina Jolie is one the best actors out there. I thought she missed with her performance in “The Good Shepherd,” so I figured she’d bounce back with this one. Plus, I didn’t know much about Daniel Pearl’s story so I was hoping to get educated.
(click to read the rest)

No comments: