Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Bruce Willis - "Live Free or Die Hard" - Interview

Bruce Willis chats with Beep about the latest ‘Die Hard’ ... and cross-dressing

Bruce Willis. Yes, THE Bruce Willis. The kind of person for whom you can capitalize all the letters of the word “the” because he’s that big of a name. I mean, we’re talking David Addison, Butch Coolidge, James Cole, Harry Stamper, Dr. Malcolm Crowe and, of course, John McClane, the trouble-prone protagonist of the “Die Hard” series. Willis was in Chicago last week promoting the fourth installment, “Live Free or Die Hard.”

I can remember going to see “Hudson Hawk” opening weekend, and being one of the few to love it. And it still kills me that “Unbreakable” won’t be a trilogy because it only made $95 million.

When someone this big rolls into town, it’s hard to get a one-on-one. But I did join in on a round table, so instead of our usual format, I’m going to do my best to recreate the vibe of the experience (while leaving the garbage on the cutting room floor). I’m going to assign parts, too. There were radio people there and other print guys. Seven of us total (though some remained silent) with Willis.

Willis arrived with a shaved head, cap and seemed to have just woken up at about 12:30 p.m. But his Starbucks helped him shake off the “Ocean’s Thirteen” premiere the night before.
(click to read the rest)

No comments: